Η συνταγή και στα ελληνικά στο τέλος της ανάρτησης!
Hello and Happy 2016 to all of you!
Helping my son on a project about Roman Empire gave me the chance to learn more about this historical era and discover some things that were completely new to me.
Roman Empire was a major power for 700 years dominating most of Europe and several areas around the Mediterranean Sea. Although they were greatly influenced by Greek civilization that existed before them, they absorbed many of its characteristics and adjusted them to their own culture and mentality. Apart from the things they had already acquired by Greeks, Romans developed some great innovations that meant to influence generations to come and become the base for some very important contemporary achievements.
Along with China, that had a bulletin that was delivered among government officials, Romans at a very early stage understood the importance of sharing information. They created a “what we call today” gazette from 59 B.C to A.D. 222 with the name “Acta Diurna”. The Romans were writing on it different articles and about different things such as: gossip, deaths, victories on battles, weddings, trials, treasury gains from the provinces and prices for grain. They usually were writing in tablets or in papyrus or early bulletin boards. While Julius Caesar was a Consul, he was the one who started the Roman newspaper and he ordered to be published in public buildings such as: temples, markets and public offices. We don’t know who, in particular, was publishing it, but we do know that the government was responsible to publish the newspaper and it was delivered by a courier throughout Rome and it contained all the news of “La Citta Eterna”.
They realized that spreading the news helps people know every day life, makes them familiar with the government issues and how they are resolved and informs them about possible threats that they have to take into consideration. Furthermore, being able to be familiar with public and governmental matters allows citizens to be more energetically involved and have the ability to know at any point of time the situation in which their country is.
I was expecting my parents for New Year’s Eve and I wanted something fast and tasty to finish our dinner. My time was very limited but I didn’t want to buy something. I googled and searched and after digging and reading, I came up with this recipe for a very easy, quick and super tasty tiramisu. I know the original one calls for mascarpone cheese and eggs, but I had neither. So, I substituted mascarpone with cream cheese and eggs, well, I completely omitted them. It was absolutely delicious and was the perfect closing to a fine meal.
- 200 gr. / 7 oz. cream cheese
- 250 ml / 8.5 fl oz. heavy cream 35% fat
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- 6 to 7 tbsp caster sugar
- 18 to 20 ladyfingers
- ½ cup prepared espresso coffee
- Cocoa powder to dust and ground chocolate
- Prepare the espresso and let it cool down.
- Take the cream cheese and with a spatula mix to make it soft.
- In your stand mixer whisk the heavy cream until soft picks are formed.
- Add the sugar and mix just until to incorporate.
- Mix the espresso powder with the 2 tsp of water to make a thick coffee liquid.
- Pour it to the heavy cream along with the Kahlua and mix gently with your hand.
- Pour the cream to the cream cheese and whisk gently to incorporate.
- Refrigerate for at list two hours or overnight.
- Take 6 to 7 Champaign glasses.
- Arrange one or two ladyfingers at their bottom having baptized them in the coffee.
- Pour about three spoonfuls of the cream and dust with cocoa and ground chocolate.
- Decorate with a ladyfinger cut in half as in pictures.
- 200 γρ. Τυρί κρέμα ή μασκαρπόνε
- 250 ml κρέμα γάλακτος 35% λιπαρά
- 1 κ.γ. σκόνη καφέ espresso
- 2 κ.γ. νερό
- 2 κ.σ. Kahlua
- 6-7 κ.σ. ζάχαρη άχνη
- 18 έως 20 σαβαγιάρ
- ½ φλ. καφέ espresso
- Σκόνη κακάο και τριμμένη σοκολάτα
- Προετοιμάστε τον espresso και αφήστε να κρυώσει τελείως.
- Πάρτε το τυρί κρέμα και με μια σπάτουλα ανακατέψτε ώστε να είναι μαλακό.
- Στο μίξερ σας χτυπήστε ελαφρά την κρέμα γάλακτος μέχρι να γίνει σαν γιαούρτι.
- Προσθέστε τη ζάχαρη και ανακατατέψτε μέχρι να ενσωματωθεί.
- Ανακατέψτε τη σκόνη του εσπρέσο με 2 κ.γ. νερό να γίνει ένα παχύ καφέ υγρό.
- Ρίξτε το στην κρέμα μαζί με την Kahlua και ανακατέψτε απαλά με μια σπάτουλα.
- Ρίξτε την κρέμα στο τυρί κρέμα και ανακατέψτε ελαφρά ίσα για να ενσωματωθούν.
- Βάλτε στο ψυγείο για τουλάχιστον δύο ώρες ή όλη νύχτα.
- Πάρτε 6 με 7 ποτήρια της σαμπάνιας.
- Τακτοποιήστε ένα ή δύο σαβαγιάρ στο κάτω μέρος τους αφού τα έχετε βουτήξει στον καφέ.
- Βάλτε περίπου τρεις γεμάτες κουταλιές από την κρέμα και και διακοσμήστε με τη σκόνη κακάο και τρίμμα σοκολάτας.
- Διακοσμήστε με ένα σαβαγιάρ κομμένο τη μέση, όπως στις εικόνες.