Η συνταγή και στα ελληνικά στο τέλος της ανάρτησης!
Greek Easter is gone, Mother’s Day is gone, and well I think I can safely say now that summer is on its way. Although in Athens yesterday we had a hail storm and a crazy strong rain, I think summer is showing the first signs here.
Do you like this alternation of seasons or are you a lover of a steady weather throughout the year? I love living in a country with a temperate environment where cold succeeds warm and vice versa. Somehow keeps my interest up and offers a variation that never bores me.
I love to long for the warmer days by the sea, when winter is up and strong; and during summer that is getting quite hot here, I am looking forward to those cold winter days when the fireplace is on and the rain outside flows from the tiles of the roof.
I also love the intermediate seasons, fall and spring, when nature prepares for winter and summer respectively and the weather starts changing slowly but steadily. Unfortunately, because of the environmental pollution, weather has changed and I see those changes happen every day to all four seasons. I wonder what will happen in the following decades and how our children will cope with the changes they will face regarding the physical environment they will live in.
So, as long as there are still seasons and as long as we can enjoy the different facades of nature, let’s cherish them as much as we can.
Just like in all Christian dogmas, we, too, dye eggs mostly red. On Easter Sunday each person picks an egg and clinks it with the others. Whoever’s egg survives this test is the winner. Lots of fun and lots of eggs guys I am telling you. I had to do something with all these eggs and I thought that it would be the best opportunity to make deviled eggs. I saw many recipes on the net and I also liked the idea of Paula Dean to add sweet pickle relish. So, I went ahead and made them combining little bit form here and there. We ate those couple of hours before lunch as a snack with pita bread and they were simply delicious. Also, I hate to admit but I ate the leftovers just before lunch as an appetizer and I still couldn’t get enough. Especially for my Greek friends, this is an excellent way to revamp leftover Easter eggs and not throw them in the garbage.
6 hardboiled eggs
9 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light 3%)
2 tbsp mustard
2 tsp sweet pickle relish
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp paprika
7 drops of liquid stevia (you can replace with 1 tsp caster sugar)
Salt and pepper
Some paprika for garnishing
Cut the eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks.
In a blender put the yolks along with all the rest of the ingredients and mix until you take a smooth paste.
Put it in the fridge for half an hour.
Take it out of the fridge and fill an icing bag with the yolk paste and start filling the holes on the eggs with it.
Garnish with pinches of paprika.
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 9 tbsp mayonnaise (I used light 3%)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp paprika
- 7 drops of liquid stevia (you can replace with 1 tsp caster sugar)
- Salt and pepper
- Some paprika for garnishing
- Cut the eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- In a blender put the yolks along with all the rest of the ingredients and mix until you take a smooth paste.
- Put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take it out of the fridge and fill an icing bag with the yolk paste and start filling the holes on the eggs with it.
- Garnish with pinches of paprika.
- 6 αυγά σφικτά
- 9 κ.σ. μαγιονέζα (χρησιμοποίησα light 3%)
- 2 κ.σ. μουστάρδα
- 2 κ.γ. sweet pickle relish (για όσους έχουν πρόσβαση στο Θανόπουλο, μπορούν να το βρουν εκεί, αλλιώς αντικαταστήστε με 1-2 αγγουράκια τουρσί ψιλοκομμένα)
- 1 κ.γ. ξύδι βαλσάμικο
- ½ κ.γ. πάπρικα
- 7 σταγόνες υγρή stevia (μπορείτε να αντικαταστήσετε με 1 κ.γ. ζάχαρη άχνη)
- Αλάτι και πιπέρι
- Πάπρικα για το γαρνίρισμα
- Κόψτε τα αυγά κατά μήκος και αφαιρέστε τους κρόκους.
- Σε ένα μπλέντερ βάλτε τους κρόκους μαζί με όλα τα υπόλοιπα υλικά και ανακατέψτε έως ότου πάρετε μια λεία πάστα.
- Βάλτε το στο ψυγείο για μισή ώρα.
- Βγάλτε από το ψυγείο, γεμίστε ένα κορνέ με την πάστα και αρχίστε να γεμίζετε τα κενά στα οποία ήταν ο κρόκος.
- Γαρνίρετε με λίγη πάπρικα.