I was talking to some friends of mine the other night and I happened to mention this recipe for a very quick cake. All of them immediately asked if I could share the recipe and I told them that I will be posting it the following week. This is not a simple recipe; it is a life savior recipe.
Let me just describe you a scene and I am sure you can picture it. It is afternoon, a weekday afternoon and a nine year old child looks at you with his eyes wide open and asks very sweetly, indeed, something for dessert. Don’t even, for a moment, let this sweet innocent face fool you, because the storm is coming really fast. Now, next time he will ask, he will be neither that gentle, nor that calm.
So, with this recipe you just save yourself of all the winning and trouble.
I am giving you the recipe and I hope you will appreciate it as much as I did. There are plenty of them on the net, I took mine from Foodnetwork and as always I made couple of changes I thought necessary to make it work for us.
¼ cup flour
5 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tbsp cognac (this is for the adult version, you can omit this, if the cake is for children)
¼ tsp baking powder
Dash of vanilla extract
Dash of salt
Take a big mug and throw everything in it.
Whisk until they are all incorporated and put it in the microwave in high temperature for 2 minutes.
You can start with two and then add 50 seconds if it is still runny.
In the photos because we are three, I divided the mixture into three ramekins and microwaved each one of them for 50 seconds. So, we could all have a bite at the same time! Enjoy!
Note: A friend of mine tried the recipe without the baking powder and when he took it out of the microwave it deflated completely in a matter of nanoseconds lol. Please do not forget to add it because it will happen to you as well! Also the baking powder gives it a more ‘cakey’ texture rather than a sponge one without it!
- ¼ cup flour
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp cognac (this is for the adult version, you can omit this, if the cake is for children)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Take a big mug and throw everything in it.
- Whisk until they are all incorporated and put it in the microwave in high temperature for 2 minutes.
- You can start with two and then add 50 seconds if it is still runny.
- In the photos because we are three, I divided the mixture into three ramekins and microwaved each one of them for 50 seconds.
- So, we could all have a bite at the same time! Enjoy!
- ¼ φλ. αλεύρι για όλες τις χρήσεις
- 5 κ.σ. ζάχαρη
- 2 κ.σ. κακάο σκόνη
- 1 αυγό
- 3 κ.σ. γάλα
- 3 κ.σ. καλαμποκέλαιο
- ½ κ.σ.κονιάκ ή καλούα (αν το φτιάχνετε για παιδάκια μπορείτε να παραλείψετε το ποτό)
- ¼ κ.γ. baking powder
- 1 βανιλίνη
- Ελάχιστο αλάτι
- Πάρτε μία μεγάλη κούπα και ρίξτε όλα τα υλικά μέσα.
- Ανακατέψτε μέχρι να ενσωματωθούν.
- Βάλτε στο φούρνο μικροκυμάτων στην υψηλή θεμοκρασία και ψήστε για 2,5 λεπτά.
- Μπορείτε να ξεκινήσετε με 2 λεπτά και μετά προσθέτετε και 50 δευτερόλεπτα αν δεν έχει ψηθεί ακόμα.